Swelling waterproof blanket is a kind of geosynthetic material specially used for artificial lake waterscape, landfill, underground garage, roof garden, pool, oil depot and chemical yard. It is made of high expansion. The sodium bentonite is filled between the special composite geotextile and the non-woven fabric. The bentonite anti-seepage pad made by the needle punching method can form many small fiber spaces. The bentonite particles cannot flow in one direction, and the water is in the mat when it is in contact with water. A uniform high-density gel-like waterproof layer is formed to effectively prevent water leakage.
1. The geomembrane should be laid in time after the bentonite waterproof blanket is laid to avoid the erosion of wind and rain;
2. If the geomembrane cannot be laid in time after the laying of the bentonite waterproof blanket, it should be covered with colored strips or film to avoid the erosion of wind and rain;
3. After the laying of the bentonite waterproof blanket, the vehicle crushing and other foreign objects should be avoided;
4. There shall be no foreign matter such as mud, dirt or debris that may damage the anti-seepage layer on the bentonite pad after the completion of construction. Storage, transportation, and bentonite waterproof blanket (GCL) rolls should be protected from damage before installation. The bentonite waterproof blanket (GCL) rolls should be stacked in a place where there is no water accumulation, the height of the stack is no more than four rolls, and the identification plate of the roll can be seen.
5. The damage of the bentonite waterproof blanket (GCL) caused by improper storage and operation is not allowed to be used in this project.
6. The bentonite waterproof blanket (GCL) rolls should be protected from damage during transportation (including on-site transportation from material storage to work).
7. The bentonite waterproof blanket (GCL) roll that has been physically damaged must be repaired. The damaged bentonite pad (GCL) cannot be used. We will remove it from the site and replace it.
8. Any bentonite (GCL) material that comes into contact with the leaking chemical solvent is not allowed to be used in this project according to the judgment of the supervision engineer.
9. If the bentonite blanket is damaged (tear, puncture, etc.) during the installation process, a patch of "patches" can be cut from a new roll of bentonite to cover the damaged area for repair. The length of the four sides of the patch should not be less than 300mm. Before placing the "patches", sprinkle some granular bentonite or bentonite slurry around the damage. If necessary, some adhesives can be used to prevent the "patch" from shifting, or a small piece of bentonite blanket under the damaged area.